Do you know there would be estimated 21 Billion active Mobile Apps by mid of 2016? And there could be a possibility that your competitors might be one of them. If you are thinking why so many companies are getting attracted towards mobile apps development, this post will surely give you all the essential insights. Here’s the list:
- The volume of Mobile Phones is much higher than PCs: Everyone you come across nowadays owns a smartphone, whether it’s a 12-year-old or an 80-year-old. Each person has different kinds of requirements as per their behavior, profession, necessity, age etc. and companies take an advantage of the same and launch their apps and promote the business.
- The average time spent on Mobile Apps is almost 64% per day: Your smartphone is the most accessible device as you can carry it wherever you go. The number of apps and communication channel it offers is huge so it’s pretty clear where people are going to spend their time. It’s like when you wake up, you check your phone when you have breakfast, and you can check your phone simultaneously. When you go to the office, before you start your work, you check your phone. It’s there for you all the time.
- On an Average, people check their mobile every 6 minutes: Like I mentioned before, people have become very much habitual towards their phones due to the rising number of apps. These apps are not only for leisure time, but many of them are also highly productive to the extent that in fact, the companies themselves make it mandatory to install certain productive apps. Many companies do the mobile apps development considering the availability of the internet so there are many apps that don’t require an internet connection. It’s possible to access them anywhere at any point of time.
- People use mobile Apps 6 times more than the websites: Using desktops and laptop is surely better to use when you are in the office, but in order to make things turn out quickly, companies have also launched their apps so that it is easier for people to access emails and messages from anywhere. Accessibility is one reason why the usage of these mobile apps is this frequent. The website is something that people like to view on their desktop and laptop, but since they cannot carry it everywhere, the usage of mobile apps is more.
- 79% smartphones users use their mobile to make purchasing decisions: Since the e-commerce websites have their apps as well, it becomes easier for consumers to order a product/ service in just one click. Even if the customer is not willing to buy, the offers and the push notification tempts an individual to make their purchases impulsively.
- 50% users make a purchase on Mobile within 1 hour as compared to 1 month on Desktops: When on a desktop, it’s actually your choice whether to browse any particular website or not. When on a smartphone, the push notifications or flash displays excite the user to check the special discounts and ultimately decide whether to purchase the item or not.
- 73% of Business Owners use Mobile Apps for customer engagement: Push notifications, daily promotional offers, and accessibility is the weapon that business owners use to grow their business through mobile apps development. It creates a demand for customers to buy that product even if there is not an actual “need”.
These stats will keep on changing with time. But the takeaway is, if you haven’t thought of developing mobile apps for your business yet, it’s time that you should. Eluminous technologies have experienced team of business consultants and app developers who will help your setup your mobile app from scratch.