Asking how much does it cost for Mobile Apps development is like asking an architect how much does he charge to plan our house without mentioning specifications. Even if we share the specifications like 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, hall kitchen, a balcony etc., it’s impossible for somebody to confirm the price until he actually works on the analysis and the prototype part. Like an architect, the mobile app developers also need to analyze every detail about the requirements and only based on that he can comment on the project estimations.
Before starting any of the mobile apps development projects, it is very necessary to figure out few elements that will help the company to give you a cost for the mobile apps development project. Following are some of them:
- The concept: The first and the most important thing before planning a mobile app is deciding the concept of the app. Strategize the features, the number of value you want to offer through the app and the audience to whom you want to propose it to. If you have a fixed concept in your mind, it will save a lot of time of the developers as well as yours.
- Choose the platform: There are so many App development platforms out there; iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry, The web and 15+ more. Figure out who your target audience is going to be for e.g., if it is from the USA, you might want to go for iOS platform first considering the number of iPhone and iPad users in that regions. Likewise, if it is in Asia you can consider going for Android platform first as the number of Android users are more as compared to iOS. Choosing the platform is your second milestone clearing which you will be able to go ahead and find out the pricing.
- Determine the size of your app: Find out how many screens you want in your app, how you want the backend functionalities to work, and what size of audience you want to serve and also list the number of features you want to offer through the app. That will definitely help you or the developers to define the size of the app.
- User management strategy: Before you begin, decide how you would want the users to access the app. Whether they will have individual accounts or will they be needed to sign in through various connected apps like Google and Facebook. You will also need to decide on the level of access given to each user if you are planning to keep both paid as well as free versions.
- Third party tools: You will also need to think whether you want to integrate any third party app like the google maps, google accounts, twitter, Facebook etc. Based on your decision, the mobile app developers will need to integrate the APIs of the related third party tools with your app.
- Data storage plan: Study the type of data that can be added by the users or the admin in the app, whether it will be an image, video, audio, text etc. The size of the data will change according to the database type that you enter and this is really important to analyze as it will help you to decide what kind of server you should consider for hosting.
- Security: Invest some time in thinking the type of app you want to develop and what level of encryption you want to keep from the security perspective. Security, without any doubts, is the most important aspect of every business venture and it is indeed required by every company to give the highest priority to be assured that the mobile apps development is secured.
- Backend Analytics: You will also need to convey about the kind of app analytics you want, to your app developers. App analytics is something that will help you to get an idea about the number clicks, visits, and sign-ups, referrals throughout the day / week / month or a year. It is the best way to keep a track of your mobile app’s progress.
Apart from the above-mentioned factors, there are so many things like the scalability, the data integration planning, the location tracking etc. that you should discuss with your app developers before you go ahead and talk about the pricing.
Mobile apps development is a non-conventional task, one can’t predict the pricing by just discussing the concept. If you need mobile app developers for hire, connect with eLuminous technologies who will plan, strategize, analyze and execute your mobile app within your deadline.